Parent Questionnaire 2016 – Results
We are really pleased to say that there has been an overwhelmingly positive response to our questionnaires. We had 214 responses. We work hard to ensure that we provide the best provision for all of our children and families and it is only possible with your support. Your suggestions and comments are greatly valued and they inform future improvements to our school. We continuously strive to better and improve the education of our pupils; your input in that for us is vital and so thank you for completing the questionnaire.
I have outlined some of the comments that were made on the questionnaires below. It is very difficult to respond to all of them, however, they have all been noted, thought about and acted on if possible.
Many of you commented on what you felt we do really well as a school. I have put a list together below of the comments that were reflected in many responses.
1. Your children are happy, safe and love coming to school to learn.
2. You feel that all staff are caring, approachable and helpful. Teaching is fantastic, with the children being encouraged, supported and taught to a high standard.
3. Good, varied after school clubs and opportunities to try different things;
4. You feel that our communication is good, regarding what is happening in school;
5. You feel that the school is run to a high standard, that management are an asset to the school, dealing with any concerns promptly and effectively, with an open door policy. You feel that we listen and support both parents and pupils;
6. You feel that we understand and support the individual needs of our pupils;
7. You feel that the school has created a friendly, positive environment with the children’s best interests at the forefront of everything we do.
8. You appreciate individual meetings which can be arranged with the Head and members of the SLT if needed – also our flexibility, support and help at difficult family times;
9. You feel that the office staff are very patient, friendly and always willing to help with forms etc;
10. You like the varied trips and activities that the school arranges for your children;
11. Your children are very enthusiastic about learning Spanish throughout the school;
12. You like our focus on Christian behaviour towards one another;
13. You appreciate the mentoring/counselling for children provided by Miss Rodrigo;
14. You are happy about the new playground equipment for the children and that the new school building is finally ready;
15. You really enjoy the various courses which we run to help parents, ie. Parent Gym, Keeping up with the children, etc.
Some of the areas you feel we need to focus on:
Your suggestions for areas to develop and improve. What we are doing about it.
1. You have asked about increasing portions in the school meals; We have spoken to the catering staff and they will ensure there is sufficient food for all children in all classes.
2. A number of you were concerned about the teacher changes earlier in the year in the Reception class; All Reception classes now have permanent teachers who have been in place since the Spring term;
3. A small number of parents commented on the barrier around tree in the middle of the playground which restricted playground space. A tree surgeon has been in and has dealt with the branches on the tree in question; barriers have been removed and the playground space is now open.
4. We have had lots of comments in relation to homework; some parents thought there was too much while others stated that there was not enough. Homework is sent home to consolidate school learning; please speak to your child’s class teacher if you feel they are being given homework which is either too hard and takes too long, or too easy for them and they complete it too quickly.
5. One parent commented on the various bins at the entrance to the playground The caretaker will relocate some of the bins around the school site.
6. Many parents appreciated the free early morning booster classes introduced for older pupils and asked about extending the age range; This in the process of being reviewed depending on staff availability.
Below are the results from the questionnaire.